Manage episode 187924689 series 1113960
Keep Good Records – The Principle Of Accounting
If you are the person who says, “I just don’t know where all the money goes!” you are probably in trouble already because you are violating the principle of accounting.
Proverbs 27:23-24 Riches can disappear fast. So watch your business interests closely. Know the state of your flocks and herds.
Obviously, when Solomon wrote this several thousand years ago most people’s assets were tied up in either sheep or goats or both. He says, “I want you to know the condition of your flocks.” Today he’d say, know the condition of your stocks, know what’s in your saving and bank account, and know how your 40lk is doing. The starting point for financial success is keeping good records.
Plan Your Spending – The Principle of Budgeting
A budget is telling your money where you want it to go, rather than wondering where it went. Financial success is not based on how much you make, but how much you save. Financial victory comes not from making more, but spending less
Proverbs 21:20 Stupid people spend their money as fast as they get it.
This verse is God’s IQ test. So how smart are you?
Save For The Future – The Principle of Prosperity
Did you know that the average family in Japan saves about 20% of their income. The average family in Europe saves about 18% of their income. And In the United States, we spend 1% more than we earn. Something isn’t working for Americans. We are violating a priceless principle
Proverbs 6:8 Ants know how to store up food in the summer so they’re ready for the winter.
God’s saying, even a creature with an ant-sized brain can figure out that it needs to save- how about us?
Give Back to God – The Principle of Generosity
Have you ever considered the reality that you wouldn’t have anything without the generosity of God.
James 1:17 (MSG) Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven…
Think about it: you wouldn’t be alive, you wouldn’t even be breathing, you wouldn’t be listening to this incredible message, walking, sleeping, having a car, bike, house, apartment, joy, laughter, food, music, flowers, trees, mountains, money, jewelry, friends, family, love, forgiveness, mercy, heaven, or anything- if it weren’t for God’s generous giving to you.
And what does God ask in return? That you demonstrate thankfulness and gratefulness to him by being generous back to him.
1 Corinthians 16:2 (NET) On the first day of the week, each of you should set aside some income and save it to the extent that God has blessed you…
Why does He want us to do that? Obviously God doesn’t need money. God has and owns everything. God doesn’t need my money and He doesn’t need your money. So why does He ask us to give to him?
Giving to God is an act of gratitude. “God, I wouldn’t have anything if it weren’t for You. So in gratitude I give it back to You.” It’s an act of priority.
“God, I want you to be number one in my life and I’ll prove it by putting you first with my money.” And giving to God is a statement of trust.
Now for these principles to work you have to do all four principle and you have to decide to trust God and his financial game plan.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- Did anyone ever teach you how to manage the money you made?
- What is one of the best/worst financial decisions that you have made?
- Read Proverbs 27:23-24 and share why you think riches can disappear fast?
- Why do you think it is so difficult for most people to make a budget?
- What do you think of the statement, “Financial success is not based on how much you make, but how much you save?”
- What is the hardest part for you on managing your money?
- Read Proverbs 6:8 If a creature as small as an ant knows how to save why do you think it is so hard for us?
- Share how a lot of ways God has been generous to you in your life?
- Read 1 Corinthians 16:2 and share what God desires from us.
- Make a commitment between you and God about you being consistently generous with him.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
75 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .