Manage episode 198930533 series 2080612
This interview with Johnathan Dane was amazing. We covered a ton of stuff in about 45 minutes and he brought a ton of value. I think I learned a few things listening to it again to take these notes.
Here’s a highlight of the things we covered:
- How Johnathan Dane got his start in PPC (it starts with craigslist)
- Common mistakes with AdWords / Landing Pages
- Not focusing on the important metrics: close rate, conversion rate, revenue
- Not tracking revenue & sales
- Iceberg Effect (and why SKAGs are crucial)
- Why you need to balance lead volume vs lead cost for the highest amount of revenue
- Should beginners use Single Keyword Ad Groups (SKAGs)?
- Why higher consideration searches do better using the homepage as a landing page
- Why certifications are crap
- How to get started with AdWords
- Learn by doing if possible, if not, learn by reading
- Why you should focus on the macro things first
- Why you should use multi-step landing pages
- Why you need to match your offer to the traffic temperature
- Tips for dealing with slow clients
- Why KlientBoost doesn’t use bidding platforms
- Switzerland having a minimum income for humans (don’t ask)
- Robots taking over our jobs?
- Missing features in AdWords or Facebook Ads?
Connect with Johnathan & KlientBoost:
15 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 17 mins duration .