Manage episode 222585947 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 100 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome back our very first guest of the podcast; Dr. Albert Wong who speaks to me this time about the challenge’s men face with their skills, feelings and relationships in the bedroom, how intimacy can be sexually arousing and steps that can be taken to help with these internal struggles.
Dr. Albert Wong is an Associate Professor and Core Faculty in the Holistic Counseling Psychology Program at JFK University. A former Marshall Scholar, he has longstanding interests in the intersection of performance art, somatics, psychotherapy, and scalable technology.
He served as residential staff at the Esalen Institute for five years. He has been featured on PBS, in Time Magazine, and in the book The American Soul Rush.
His work has been published in titles ranging from the scientific journal Biological Cybernetics to the book anthology Radical Spirit. One of his film projects, Step One Breathe, was named Best Drama at the Maryville Film Festival. He was educated at Princeton, Oxford, and the University of Tennessee and is the recipient of numerous national science awards (Westinghouse Science Talent Scholarship, Goldwater Scholarship).
In this episode, you will hear:
- The challenges men face with their skills, feelings and relationships in the bedroom
- How sexual performance anxiety and feelings of not being enough are very prevalent with men
- Understanding, knowing and having an intuition for you and your partner's desires
- How intimacy can be sexually arousing
- Working with and overcoming traumatic experiences
- Understanding people have many different sexual templates
- Steps that can be taken to help with these internal struggles
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
132 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 35 mins duration .