Manage episode 224669844 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 105 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to be talking with Linda Weiner, MSW, LCSW who speaks to me about sensate focus in sex therapy, what sensate focus entails and how sensate focus touch can also help with pain.
Linda Weiner, MSW, LCSW, is co-director of the Institute for Sexual & Relationship Therapy & Training with Dr. Constance Avery Clark.Linda is a speaker, writer, adjunct professor at the Brown School, Washington University in St. Louis, and was formerly a research and clinical associate at Masters & Johnson Institute.
Linda Weiner is a diplomate in clinical social work, a certified diplomate in sexology (American Board of Sexology) and is certified by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists as a sex therapist, supervisor, and CE provider.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Linda became interested in the specific techniques of sensate focus in sex therapy
- What sensate focus entails
- How modern busy lives have made it unrealistic to achieve sexual satisfaction
- The way in which mindfulness relates to this issue
- How sensate focus touch can also help with pain
- Modifications and ways, you can practice sensate focus on your own
- Understanding that sensate focus is not a prelude to sex
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
132 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 35 mins duration .