Manage episode 227634024 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 111 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Lourdes Viado to the podcast. In this conversation, Dr. Viado speaks to me about open relationships, how they work, the essential tools you’ll need to navigate this path and why some people will go back to monogamy after an open relationship.
Dr. Lourdes Viado is a depth psychologist, providing psychotherapy for adults in her private practice in Las Vegas NV, as well as mentorship and consulting services to clients world-wide.
She is a Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator (MBTI) Certified Practioner and uses a Jungian approach in her work with clients, integrating mindfulness, dream work, shadow work, metaphor, literature, poetry and astrology in her work with clients
She is also the host of the top-rated Women In-Depth Podcast: Conversations about the Inner Lives of Women, which has been downloaded over 225,000x in 96 countries and 6 continents.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The different types of open relationships
- How open relationships are more common than most people realise
- What does the fidelity agreement look like?
- Questions you should ask yourself before considering opening up your relationship
- Understand and process the reasons why you want to open up your relationship
- How for some the idea of an open relationship is better than the reality of one
- How there is no right or wrong to come to an agreement on an open relationship, each one is entirely unique
- The essential tools you’ll need to navigate this path
- The importance of open communication and not going down the path of not wanting to know what your partner may or may not be doing
- Why some people will go back to monogamy after an open relationship
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .