Manage episode 228569327 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 113 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Cheryl Fraser to the podcast. In this conversation, Dr. Cheryl speaks to me about keeping passion alive through long term relationships, recommendations for recreating thrill and excitement and approaching your partner with sexual ideas that might be considered taboo.
Dr. Cheryl Fraser is an award-winning sex therapist, and a Fulbright scholar who created the Become Passion home study series and the Awakened Lover weekend intensive for couples. She has a private practice in sex and couples' therapy. Personally, and professionally, Dr. Cheryl has confronted the intense, joyful, and painful emotions of relationships, from I Do to divorce, and on to Mindful Loving. This human touch makes her writing, workshops, and media appearances on sex and relationships so accessible and effective.
Dr. Cheryl completed her post-doctoral training at the University of California-San Francisco medical school. She conducted research on sexual behaviour and attitudes, and combatting homophobia. She has also taught college and university, and keeps a busy private practice, where she specializes in sex and couples' therapy. She is a certified Gottman marriage therapist.
She teaches weekend intensive “bootcamps” for couples, and her Become Passion home study program teaches couples how to create sustainable, lifelong emotional intimacy and sexual passion.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Is it possible to keep passion alive in a long term relationship?
- The three steps Dr. Cheryl recommends for keeping passion alive
- Why scheduling sex can seem boring but also an important tool to use
- Understanding that your relationship needs energy and focus to keep it passionate
- How there is a time limit to the “honeymoon” period and what to do afterwards
- Learning to resolve conflicts in a healthy way
- Recommendations for recreating thrill and passion
- Approaching your partner with sexual ideas that might be considered taboo
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
132 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 35 mins duration .