Manage episode 229080946 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 114 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Emily Nagoski to the podcast. In this conversation, Emily speaks to me about orgasms, the contributing factors that lead to more intense orgasms, achieving orgasm through meditation and thoughts on G-spots.
Emily Nagoski is the award-winning author of the New York Times bestseller, Come As You Are: the surprising new science that will transform your sex life and The Come As You Are Workbook, and co-author, with her sister Amelia, of Burnout: the secret to unlocking the stress cycle.
She began her work as a sex educator at the University of Delaware, where volunteered as a peer sex educator while studying psychology with minors in cognitive science and philosophy. She went on to earn a M.S. in Counseling and a Ph.D. in Health Behavior, both from Indiana University, with clinical and research training at the Kinsey Institute. Now she combines sex education and stress education to teach women to live with confidence and joy inside their bodies.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How do you know if you’ve had an orgasm?
- How all orgasms are unique and different to each other
- The contributing factors to more intense orgasms
- Understanding that sometimes orgasms can take work and patience
- Not letting past negative sexual experiences define your future experiences
- Achieving orgasm through meditation
- Thoughts on G-spots
- The pressure of sex just becoming a performance
- How the orgasm gap is less for lesbian women
Bonus episode: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-depression-sex/
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .