Manage episode 230950620 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 118 of the Sexology Podcast, today I’m delighted to welcome back Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb to the podcast. Dr. Rhoda was my guest on episode 90 talking about Age Play and she returns to talk further about this issue. In this episode Dr. Rhoda touches upon how we can incorporate Age Play into a relationship, the role that shame plays in keeping these desires suppressed and how seeking out online communities and conventions can be very helpful.
Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb has been counseling individuals and couples in the area of human sexuality for over 25 years. She received her PhD in clinical sexology from the American Academy of Clinical Sexologists in Orlando, FL.
She is an AASECT certified sex therapist in private practice specializing in the alternative sexuality communities, such as open relationships, ABDL, GLBT, BDSM, kink and fetishes. She wrote her doctoral dissertation on the mental health experience of ABDL individuals, specializes in therapy for this community and speaks on the subject to help promote better understanding for individuals and their families.
Her approach to therapy is helping people to understand, accept and appreciate their sexuality with all the wonderful unique flavors that come with it. Shame, embarrassment, guilt and fear are poisonous to healthy sexual expression so letting go of old, irrational and impractical belief patterns can pave the way for a new and exciting beginning.
Her recent book, No More Hiding: Permission to Love your Sexual Self, is a guide for those seeking help with alternative sexuality such as BDSM, Kinks, fetishes and open relationships.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What is Age Play?
- How can we incorporate Age Play into a relationship?
- The areas of discomfort a partner might experience
- The role that shame plays in keeping these desires suppressed
- How our erotic template is like our fingerprints / DNA
- Is it possible to learn to enjoy Age Play if it’s not part of our template?
- The starting points to being introduced to Age Play
- Learning that Age Play is a component part of your sexuality and not the entire piece
- How seeking out online communities and conventions can be very helpful
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .