Manage episode 263488609 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 179 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Miklos Hargitay to the podcast. In this episode Dr. Hargitay speaks to me about the issues of when your partner is sexually assaulted, how couples can work through this together and understanding the importance of communication.
Dr. Miklos Hargitay earned his PsyD from William James College in Clinical Psychology and his BA from the University of California -Santa Barbara in Anthropology. Dr. Hargitay has specialized training in trauma-informed therapy with survivors of sexual violence.
He has diverse clinical experience, including work in crisis centers, college counselling, and medical settings. Dr. Hargitay is committed to helping adults talk through difficult emotions and topics with compassion and care, such as anxiety and depression, trauma, relationships, and sex.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The common sexual symptoms survivors may experience
- Why sexual desire may increase after an assault
- Questions the partner might have if their partner is a victim of abuse
- How couples can work through this together
- Looking at sensate focus
- Looking out for triggers and how to overcome them
- Learning to deal with sexual frustration if your partner isn’t comfortable to have sex yet
- The importance of the fidelity agreement
- Learning how to best communicate with your partner about these issues
Find Dr. Hargitay online
Celebrating One Million Downloads
To celebrate hitting one million downloads I am giving away a bottle of Uberlube to anyone who writes a review on iTunes. Simply take a screenshot of your review and email to me or send as a DM to my Instagram page. Thank you for helping Sexology Podcast hit one million downloads!
Find me online:
Find me on social media:
Download my new ebook for free here:
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali:
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio