Manage episode 265167635 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 182 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome back Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb to the podcast. In this episode Dr. Rhoda speaks with me about open relationships, recommendations on how you can start your journey into an open relationship and maintaining sexual safety.
Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb has been counseling and coaching individuals and couples in the area of human sexuality for over 28 years and in private practice for over 14 years specializing in open relationship styles (polyamory, swinging, designer relationships), BDSM, ABDL, kink and fetishes. She received her PhD in clinical sexology, is an AASECT certified sex therapist, clinical sexologist, and sexuality coach specializing in areas of alternative sexuality.
She published her first book in 2017 called, No More Hiding: Permission to love your sexual self. It is an innovative guide for those seeking help on how to be their authentic sexual self.
In 2019 she launched a training/coaching program called Monogamy to Open to provide those transitioning from monogamy to the many types of open relationships a path that will provide the knowledge and guidance necessary to be successful.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The similarities and differences of open relationships?
- Looking at some of the tough expectations of monogamy
- What personality types opt for open relationships?
- The pros and cons of open relationships
- The differences between polyamory and swinging
- How there is still a lot of social stigma around open relationships
- Recommendations if you’re interested to start swinging
- Understanding you can go at your own pace
- How many people stay in swinging for the community
- Recommendations for sexual safety through this journey
Find Dr. Rhoda online
Private FB page for open relationships: Monogamy 2 Open
Calendly page for complementary 30-minute consult: Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb
Find me online:
Find me on social media:
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali:
101 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Hot:
Take the Sex Quiz for Women here: https://oasis2care.com/sexquiz/
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio