Manage episode 272630800 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 195 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I'm delighted to welcome Erika Ettin to the podcast. In this episode Erika talks to me about online dating, the best practices you can use to meet people online and things to consider for yourself and the person you’re engaging with when dating online.
Erika Ettin is the Founder of A Little Nudge, a consulting company that helps people navigate the world of online dating, from first click to first date. She is also the author of the book Love at First Site and the co-host of the popular dating podcast So, We Met Online…
Erika studied economics at Cornell University and received her MBA from Georgetown. She started A Little Nudge in 2011 (after a seven-year career as an economist). She is responsible for many relationships, marriages, and the confidence some people simply need to “get out there.”
A Little Nudge has been featured in media around the country, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, NPR, Good Day Philadelphia, CBS, and Ask Men, and she currently writes a weekly syndicated dating column.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How well does online dating work?
- Does online dating work better dependent on your sexuality?
- Looking at the issue of perceived flaws
- Understanding that you need to need cast a wide net to get a good amount of quality responses
- The common mistakes people make when dating online
- The importance of being authentic and truthful when representing yourself
- Be positive about yourself but don’t over-do it
- Seeking out niche sites for those into Kink, BDSM etc
- Being honest about your intentions whether it’s a one-night stand or long-term relationship
Head to Nazanin’s Instagram each Friday in September for a new cooking challenge she is doing, focusing on enhancing your sensuality and libido!
Ebook: How to Increase Your Libido – For Women
Find Erika Online
Find Dr. Moali online:
Find me on social media:
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali:
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio