Manage episode 211312235 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 78 of the Sexology Podcast. Our guest today is Dr. Jennifer Weeks. In this episode, Dr. Weeks talks us about pornography addiction along with discussion on evidence-based treatments for out of control sexual behaviors. Also, we evaluate the differences between healthy and unhealthy reliance on pornography as a method for mood regulation.
Dr. Jennifer Weeks is the founder and director of Sexual Addiction Treatment Services, an out-patient treatment program for out of control sexual behavior. She has over twelve years experience treating all aspects of addiction, trauma and addiction, sexual addiction, and sex offenders. She is a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist- Supervisor, Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor, a Licensed Professional Counselor and has a Ph.D. in Psychology. Dr. Weeks is the author of the blog, Dr. Jen’s Recovery Readings as well as the prevention book, The New Age of Sex Education: How to Talk to Your Teen about Cybersex and Pornography in the Digital Age.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Weeks provides continuing education training for therapists and lectures at addiction conferences throughout the US.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The differences between non-problematic viewing of pornography vs. pathological behavior
- Criteria for pornography addiction
- The prevalence of pornography addiction in general population
- Media literacy for parents and how to talk to your teen about pornography
- Cultivating sexual health after being diagnosed with pornography addiction
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .