Manage episode 216591686 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 88 of the Sexology Podcast, today I’m delighted to welcome back Steve Bodansky (he was a guest on episode 59) to the podcast, this time Steve speaks to me about his new book Love and Alzheimer’s, the changes that Steve and his wife Vera went through after she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and recommendation’s for couples struggling to deal with Alzheimer’s.
Steve Bodansky together with his wife Vera have been teachers of Sensuality for the past 35 years. They met in 1980 and were married in 1983. Steve received a Master’s in Molecular Biology at SUNY at Albany in 1979 and a Doctorate at More University in Sensuality in 1992 with an emphasis on female orgasm. He first studied and then taught at More U. thru 1992. Vera started doing one-hour orgasms demonstrations in 1980 and also received her doctorate in Sensual studies in 1992.
Steve became certified to do these demonstrations in 1987. They developed another orgasm school in 1992 after leaving Morehouse called The Welcomed Consensus where they taught for 5 years and certified 5 new students into becoming teachers and demonstrators of orgasm.
For the past 22 years they have been coaching students as a couple and started writing books about optimum sensual pleasure. They have trained many people over the past 30 years with courses and personal training and continue to do so. A number of their former students have become sensual facilitators themselves.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The changes that Steve and Vera went through after she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's
- How Vera has maintained her sexuality through this process
- The dynamic changes that have happened to the relationship after the Alzheimer’s diagnostic
- How writing his new book Love and Alzheimer’s helped Steve through the changes
- The ways in which Steve and Vera have strengthened their connection despite the ongoing challenges
- Recommendation’s for couples struggling to deal with Alzheimer’s
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .