Manage episode 219528437 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 94 of the Sexology Podcast, today I’m delighted to be joined by Chanta Blue who speaks to us about what the life of a swinger entails, why she became interested in working with this community and is the stigma attached to swingers changing?
Chanta Blue is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Sex Therapist and co-owner of Blue Counseling & Wellness Center in Montclair, NJ. She holds a B.A. in Psychology from Spelman College, a Master’s degree in Social Work from Rutgers University, and a Master’s of Education in Human Sexuality from Widener University. Chanta’s aim is to empower girls and women of color to clarify and create the career, relationships, sexuality, and overall lifestyle they desire.
She specializes in issues related to anxiety, depression, self-esteem, body image and works with folks in various relationship styles including polyamory, swinging, kink, and traditional relationships.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What does the swinger lifestyle entail?
- How people find ways to connect with other swingers
- Why Chanta became interested in working with this community
- How Chanta’s research showed a lack of people of colour in the swinger’s community
- Is swinging more popular for couples or singles?
- Where swinging meets polyamory
- The misconceptions around the swinger community
- Is the stigma attached to swingers changing?
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .