Manage episode 222040324 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 99 of the Sexology Podcast, today is a solo episode where I’m going to talk about the relationship between sex and recreational drugs: alcohol, cannabis, cocaine, MDMA, amphetamines and hallucinogens.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The way in which alcohol affects your sexual experience
- How aggressive tendencies can be amplified when having sex under the influence of alcohol
- How alcohol and cannabis affect sex in very different ways
- How some women struggle to concentrate during sex after taking cannabis
- The way in which cocaine has a chronic prolonged effect
- Reports that suggest many people reach orgasm when coming down from MDMA
- The mixed responses people have reported from sex whilst taking amphetamines
- How hallucinogens have been known to help with sexual fantasies
Parsons, J. T., Vicioso, K. J., Punzalan, J. C., Halkitis, P. N., Kutnick, A., & Velasquez, M. M. (2004). The impact of alcohol use on the sexual scripts of HIV-positive men who have sex with men. Journal of Sex Research, 41, 160–172
Hingson, R. W., Zha, W., & Weitzman, E. R. (2009). Magnitude of and trends in alcohol-related mortality and morbidity among U.S. college students ages 18–24, 1998–2005. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, s16, 12–20.
Kerr, D. C., Washburn, I. J., Morris, M. K., Lewis, K. A., & Tiberio, S. S. (2015). Event-level associations of marijuana and heavy alcohol use with intercourse and condom use. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 76, 733–737.
Parsons, J. T., Vicioso, K. J., Punzalan, J. C., Halkitis, P. N., Kutnick, A., & Velasquez, M. M. (2004). The impact of alcohol use on the sexual scripts of HIV-positive men who have sex with men. Journal of Sex Research, 41, 160–172.
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .