Manage episode 227175298 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 110 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Janet Brito to the podcast. In this conversation, Dr. Brito speaks to me about why people fake orgasms, the reasons for doing so and ways to break through this issue and have better sex.
Dr. Janet Brito is an AASECT-certified sex therapist who also has a license in clinical psychology and social work. She is a graduate of Pacifica Graduate Institute and completed her postdoctoral fellowship from the University of Minnesota Medical School, one of only a few university programs in the world dedicated to sexuality training. Currently, she’s based in Honolulu, Hawaii and is the founder of the Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health, where she specializes in the areas of relationship and sex therapy, out of control sexual behavior, and gender and sexually diverse populations.
Dr. Brito has been featured on many outlets, including The Huffington Post, Playboy, Healthline, Women’s Health Magazine, Thrive Global, and Midweek Publications. Her dissertation A phenomenological analysis on infertility in Mexican women living in the United States was recently published in the Revista Interamericana de Psicologia/Interamerican Journal of Psychology.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How common is it for people to fake orgasms?
- The reasons why someone might fake an orgasm?
- The influence that pornography has had on our sexual expectations
- Why pornography is not a good resource to shape your sexual template
- The need for more stimulation and foreplay to achieve better sex
- Why there is no right or wrong way of having sex
- Learning to be attentive and focus on your partners needs and desires
- Be open and honest with your partner so you can communicate effectively around this issue
- Why orgasms can be inconsistent and unreliable
- How men are more able to compartmentalize relationship issues from sex
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
137 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 35 mins duration .