Manage episode 233659704 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 123 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I’m delighted to welcome Rae McDaniel to the podcast. In this episode they speak about the difference between being bisexual and heteroflexible, taking the first steps to explore your sexual curiosity and understanding the need to treat potential dates and partners with care and respect as you explore your sexual curiosity.
Rae McDaniel is a Gender and Certified Sex Therapist who works with folks feeling anxious and lost about a transition they’re experiencing in sex, gender, sexual identity, or relationships. Rae also provide consultation & training for professionals and organizations wishing to uplevel their knowledge and expertise in these areas. Rae is the founder of Practical Audacity, a therapy and healing collective in Chicago, Illinois.
Rae holds a Master of Education in Community Counseling from DePaul University in Chicago and is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Illinois. Rae graduated from the University of Michigan’s Sexual Health Certificate Program with specializations in Sex Therapy and Sexuality Education and is a Certified Sex Therapist through the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What is the difference between being bisexual and heteroflexible?
- Does consuming the same sex porn make you homosexual?
- The difficulties people experience when they find out their partner is consuming same sex porn
- How western culture is more accepting of women being bisexual than men
- The discriminations that still exist on society today for showing any affection to the same sex
- How bisexuals struggle for support even within the LGBTQ community
- Taking the first steps to exploring your sexual curiosity
- Understanding the need to treat potential dates and partners with care and respect as you explore your sexual curiosity
- How to start the dialogue with your partner around this issue if you’re in a monogamous relationship
Bonus Episode, Sex & OCD: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-episode-ocd-and-sex/
Bonus Episode, Sex & Depression: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-depression-sex/