Manage episode 236819703 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 129 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I’m delighted to welcome Rachel Grant. We speak about healing from childhood sexual abuse, the sexual challenges survivors of sexual abuse face and going through the three stages of being a victim, survivor and beyond survivor.
Rachel Grant is the owner and founder of Rachel Grant Coaching and is a Sexual Abuse Recovery Coach. She is also the author of Beyond Surviving: The Final Stage in Recovery from Sexual Abuse.
She brings to the table a passionate belief that her clients do not have to remain trapped or confronted daily by the thoughts or behaviors that result from abuse. Through her own journey of recovery from sexual abuse, she has gained insight and understanding about what it takes to overcome abuse. This makes it possible for her to relate to and appreciate your struggles intimately.
Based on her desire to foster community, intimacy, and connection, she has dedicated much of her time to understanding relationships and communication and how they are impacted by abuse. For her, how we are relating to others is crucial to improving the overall quality of our lives. In addition to the lessons she's learned along the way, she has attended various lectures and trainings to further hone her skills.
Her program, Beyond Surviving, has been specifically designed to change the way we think about and heal from abuse. Based on her educational training, study of neuroscience, and lessons learned from her own journey, she has successfully used this program since 2007 to help her clients break free from the past and move on with their lives.
She holds an M.A. in Counseling Psychology. She provides a compassionate and challenging approach for her clients while using coaching as opposed to therapeutic models.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Rachel became interested in this work
- How we are very quick to blame ourselves for sexual abuse
- The sexual challenges survivors of sexual abuse face
- Falling into the trap of doing things out of obligation
- The importance of consent and negotiating
- The impact of sexual abuse on a child’s developing brain
- The impact of trauma on the brain
- Can abuse affect sexual preferences and blueprint?
- Understanding you don’t have to live with a sense of brokenness
- Going through the three stages of being a victim, survivor and beyond survivor
Bonus Episode, Sex & OCD: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-episode-ocd-and-sex/
Bonus Episode, Sex & Depression: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-depression-sex/
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio