Manage episode 237244671 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 130 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I’m delighted to welcome Dr. Cat Meyer, PsyD, LMFT. In this episode Dr. Cat speaks to me about BDSM, what does a BDSM relationship look like? How many people like some aspects of BDSM and learning to negotiate the rules and expectations.
Dr. Cat Meyer, PsyD, LMFT is a licensed couples therapist #88224, sex therapist, yoga instructor, published researcher, and reiki practitioner dedicated to evolving the relationship we have surrounding sexuality and our bodies. Dr. Cat integrates various schools of thought including neuro science, somatic theory, psychology, EMDR trauma therapy, and sexual health in her work for private practice, workshops, and transformational retreats that are designed to help people create a deeply fulfilling, prosperous relational and sexual life. For personal therapy work, check her out at CatMeyer.com
She is the co-creator of Goddess Celebration, an annual large scale women’s day retreat held in Malibu, CA, dedicated to uplifting and celebrating the goddess in every women.
Dr. Cat is also host to the popular podcast Eat.Play.Sex on iTunes, in which she brings you expert guests talking on how to ignite your love life both mentally, physically, and relationally. She also gives daily advice and wisdoms about all things sex, love, and yoga on Instagram.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What does a BDSM relationship look like?
- The relationship BDSM has with sexual identity
- The power play dynamics of BDSM
- How many people like some aspects of BDSM
- The feelings of shame that arise around this issue
- When is a good time to bring up BDSM to your partner?
- How to talk about BDSM to your partner
- Negotiating the rules and expectations
- The different types of relationships that can flourish with BDSM
- The after-care process of BDSM
Bonus Episode, Sex & OCD: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-episode-ocd-and-sex/
Bonus Episode, Sex & Depression: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-depression-sex/
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
138 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 35 mins duration .