Manage episode 238190502 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 132 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I’m happy to welcome Dr. Natalie Rosen to the podcast. In this episode she speaks to me about female sexual interest arousal disorder (FSIAD), the impact of FSIAD on partners and understanding self-expansion and how it can help.
Dr. Natalie Rosen is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Her research interests focus on understanding how individuals, and especially couples, cope with sexual problems or changes to their sexual relationship, including low sexual desire. She is an Associate Editor of the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior and has published over 70 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on sexual relationships. Dr. Rosen’s research is currently funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, and the Canadian Foundation of Innovation. Dr. Rosen also maintains a small private practice focused exclusively on sex and couple therapy.
In this episode, you will hear:
- What is female sexual interest arousal disorder (FSIAD)?
- The key part that distress plays in this issue
- Understanding that we all go through different periods of higher and lower desire
- How common is FSIAD?
- The impact of FSIAD on partners
- How does this differ between same sex / different sex couples?
- How sexual discrepancies exist between couples from the offset
- The way in which FSIAD effects communication between partners
- Recommendations for couples overcoming this issue
- Understanding self-expansion and how it can help
Bonus Episode, Sex & OCD: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-episode-ocd-and-sex/
Bonus Episode, Sex & Depression: https://oasis2care.com/bonus-depression-sex/
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
138 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 35 mins duration .