Manage episode 267772728 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 186 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I’m excited to welcome Dr. Lyndsey Harper to the podcast. In this episode Dr. Harper talks to me about how to increase your sexual desire at any stage in life, evidence-based ways to increase your libido and we take a look at her wonderful app – Rosy.
Lyndsey Harper, MD is the Founder and CEO of Rosy, an app for women with decreased sexual desire. Dr. Harper created Rosy out of frustration when she couldn’t find a modern and accessible resource to help her many patients with this problem. Rosy is a resource to connect the 25 million women in the US with decreased sexual desire with hope, community, and research-backed solutions to improve their lives.
Dr. Harper completed Ob/Gyn residency in 2011 at Baylor Scott & White Health in Dallas, Texas, and Dr. Harper saw patients in private practice for seven years and now is a hospitalist. Dr. Harper is Associate Professor of Ob/Gyn for Texas A&M College of Medicine, a Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and a Fellow of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Does menopause effect your sex life?
- Looking at the feeling of having your desire stolen from you
- Are hormonal treatments effective?
- How sex can be become a physically painful experience
- They key ingredients for people having a fulfilled sexual life
- The importance of communication
- How you can advocate for yourself
- Learning to be brief and direct
- Evidence based ways to increase your libido
- Looking at Dr. Harper’s fantastic app – Rosy
Thank you to our sponsor, Better Help.
If you are a psychologist, marriage & family therapist, clinical social worker or board licensed professional counselor, BetterHelp is the easiest way to apply your clinical expertise online.
Visit https://betterhelp.com/sexology and complete a brief application to get started.
Ebook: How to Increase Your Libido – For Women:
Find Dr. Harper online:
Find Dr. Moali online:
Find me on social media:
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali:
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio