I read you the best content on personal development, minimalism, productivity, and more, with author permission. Think of Optimal Living Daily as an audioblog or blogcast where the best blogs are narrated for you for free.
Manage episode 294512940 series 90069
By Danny Lennon. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Gil Carvalho, MD PhD is a medical doctor, research scientist, science communicator. Dr. Carvalho trained as a medical doctor in the University of Lisbon, in his native Portugal, and later obtained a PhD in Biology from Caltech (California Institute of Technology). He has published peer-reviewed medical research spanning the fields of genetics, molecular biology, nutrition, behaviour, aging and neuroscience. In this episode we discuss:
- Dairy: is it over-emphasized in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans?
- Dairy tolerance
- Critical importance of substitution effects
- Differences between difference types of dairy on health
- Claims by some WFPB advocates that olive oil can negatively impact endothethial function
- Distinguishing between acute and chronic effects
- Gil's work with Antonio Damasio on feelings