Manage episode 242001890 series 87995
Crystal talks about why it’s so important to make time for whatever it is you love — without the added burden of doing it so that you’re a better mom, or wife, or neighbor, or human, or even because the final result is something you can use. Do something just because you love it.
Tsh then shares how she uses the ideas of deep work and shallow work, time-blocking her calendar, and tapping into her peak energy levels to get more done in less time — so I can make time for play, as Crystal says.
Links From This Episode:
- Crystal on Instagram
- Crystal’s website
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- 3 Ways to Calculate Your Peak Energy Time of Day
- A Beginner's Guide to Parkinson's Law
- Maker's Schedule, Manager's Schedule
- Easily Distracted? Try this: the pomodoro method
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
- When, by Daniel Pink
- Become a patron and help make this show happen
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- Kindly leave a review
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Download the transcript for this episode
You can find new episodes of Simple, completely ad-free, only on Stitcher Premium. For a free month of Stitcher Premium, go to stitcherpremium.com/wondery and use promo code ‘WONDERY’.