Manage episode 202955050 series 87995
Continuing our series on social self-care, this time Haley and I talk about stewardship: caring for the things we've been given. What does that look like in real life?
It was commonplace for our grandparents' generation to 'use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without,' as the war slogan reminded them—it was just part of life. But we live in a throwaway culture now.
“Reusing something instead of immediately discarding it, when done for the right reasons, can be an act of love which expresses our own dignity.” - Pope Francis
Haley and I talk about the practicals here, but also why we consider this self-care, and not just good practice for the earth. Basically, we think this is taking care of ourselves, too.
Notes From This Episode:
- Social Self-Care, Part 1
- Follow The Simple Show on Instagram
- Haleys blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
- Haley's forthcoming book, The Grace of Enough: Pursuing Less and Living More in a Throwaway Culture!
- Laudato Si': Care for Our Common Home, from Pope Francis
- Our previous episode on frugality
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
186 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 37 mins duration .