SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast: The Good Life Approach - Your weekly podcast with the little extra Solution Focus for your daily life!
SFP 102 – WOWW: Co-creating school together with the students with Anna-Julia Szabo
Manage episode 265345472 series 2115681
SFP 102 - Episode 102: WOWW: Co-creating school together with the students with Anna-Julia Szabó
by Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Simply Focus Podcast |36:16http://www.sfontour.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/SFP-102-WOWW-Co-creating-school-together-with-the-students-with-Anna-Julia-Szabo.m4a
“I never wanted to be a teacher who just tells kids what to do, but to co-create and co-construct together what we want, what they want, and then find out how we can put that together with what they should learn.”
“I really want to get my students from now to get back to do the WOWW-observations in my new class.”
“And that is how I see myself, as not the teacher who knows more than the kids, but who provides the environment with them or for them to start learning more.”
“It’s very clear to me that I can look at things one way or another and it takes my active contribution to shift my focus.”
In today’s episode, we talk with Anna-Julia Szabó, Solution-Focused Practitioner, Teacher and Trainer about
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus,
- the differences SF makes for her and her students in school,
- how she applies SF as a teacher,
- how she uses scaling with her students,
- how she uses WOWW-observations in her classroom with senior citizens and her own students,
- how her students are already well trained in SF and demand SF dialogues,
- her online teaching in corona times and building on what’s there,
- how she co-creates school together with her third and fourth-grade students,
- how she integrates the curriculum with what the students want to learn,
- her active contribution in shifting her focus,
- The challenge of the week: Be alert and see where your focus is at and then try to actively shift it at some point.
- If you want to contact Anna-Julia or participate in one of the network gatherings she co-organizes send her an email to email@example.com.
- Anna-Julia is also passionate about Solution Café, a way to experience SF in conversations easily. Connect with Anna-Julia and register for her newsletter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to learn more about the idea of Solution Café you might want to check out episode 93 A Community of Abundance: Getting Connected to this World of Possibilities with Dr. Petra Müller-Demary. In the download section you’ll also find a link to download the Solution Cafe Facilitator Kit. For a German version you can also reach out to Anna-Julia (see above).
- Learn more about WOWW – Working On What Works, e.g. with
- videos about the SF Approach from Arnoud Huibers and Ben Furman, with „Classroom Solutions“ about WOWW,
- video about WOWW (Working on What Works) in school lessons in Hungary, SolutionSurfers Hungary, with German Subtitles.
- If you are interested in research this article you might enjoy reading this article: Wallace, L. B., Hai, A. H. & Franklin, C..(2020). An evaluation of Working on What Works (WOWW): A solution focused intervention for schools. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy.
- In Europe there are also some very exciting networks emerging regarding SF in Schools, two of them co-initiated by Anna-Julia Szabó:
- At the SF World Day 2020 (May 3rd) Tara Gretton and Katrin Berger started a network for school workers of the European region. There will be online meetings on zoom to encourage the exchange amongst practitioners every 3rd of a month. You can connect on Facebook and also follow them on Eventbrite to book your free of charge tickets for the online gatherings.
- In Switzerland, Katalin Hankovszky Christiansen, Anna-Julia Szabo, and Alice Caduff-Scheuner initiated several online gatherings for SF school practitioners in German-speaking countries featured by the nla-Netzwerk lösungsorientieres Arbeiten Schweiz. We hope that there are more to come 🙂
- This Padlet compiled by the initiators of this gathering offers an extensive resource collection for Solution Focus in School in German language. A big THANK YOU to Katalin, Anna-Julia, Alice and the participants of the gatherings!
- In Bremen, Katrin Berger, Katalin Hankovszky Christiansen, and Anna-Julia Szabo started a regional network for SF practitioners in schools.
- In the United States, Linda Metcalf runs the podcast Solution Focused Schools Unlimited.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Anna-Julia and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Listen to more Simply Focus Podcast episodes:
The post SFP 102 – WOWW: Co-creating school together with the students with Anna-Julia Szabo appeared first on SF on tour.