Manage episode 179277792 series 1441453
Welcome to episode #516 of Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast. When it comes to innovation, one of the most provocative voices in the field is Michael Schrage. It may seem obvious to us now that innovation is when consumer's accept new products and services, but this wasn't always a commonly-held belief (until Michael brought it forward). Ever hear of rapid-prototyping? What about simulations and modelling to improve ROI on innovation investments? All of this thinking was brought into our world by Michael. A research fellow at the MIT Sloan School's Center for Digital Business, author of books like The Innovator's Hypothesis, Who Do You Want Your Customers To Become?, Serious Play, Shared Minds and more, he is a legendary business, innovation, technology and marketing mind. It has been said that no one knows more about how to maximize return on investment from innovation processes than Michael Schrage. Personally, I think he's one of the most fascinating people thinking about business today. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 1:00:27.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on twitter.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- CTRL ALT Delete is now available too!
- Here's is my conversation with Michael Schrage.
- The Innovator's Hypothesis.
- Who Do You Want Your Customers To Become?
- Serious Play.
- Shared Minds.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.
- Get David's song for free here: Artists For Amnesty.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation - The Mirum Podcast - Episode #516 - Host: Mitch Joel.
Tags: advertising podcast audio blog blogging brand business blog business book business podcast center for digital business david usher digital marketing digital marketing agency digital marketing blog entrepreneurship facebook google innovation itunes j walter thompson jwt leadership podcast management podcast marketing marketing blog marketing podcast michael schrage mirum mirum agency mirum agency blog mirum blog mit mit sloan rapid prototype roi serious play shared minds social media the innovators hypothesis twitter who do you want your customers to become wpp
606 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .