Being Productive at Conferences, selling on eBay and Motivation vs. Discipline – Small Business Show Episode 131 - Small Business Show
Archive this series
What’s the best way to find real value in attending Trade Shows, Conferences and Workshops? Do you sit in the back row and head right back to the hotel after the event? You can probably guess what your Small Business Show co-hosts would say about that. Join us for this episode to discuss maximizing your time at these types of events as Shannon discusses attending eBay Open 2017 in Las Vegas a few weeks ago.
During the eBay discussing, we touch on eBay’s dramatic shift during the last 2-years regarding their attitude towards the Small Business seller community and how your business can benefit from it. We discuss the new eBay Concierge customer service platform, ways to reach eBay’s 171 million buyers and new initiatives like eBay Authenticate, Shop with Images and Direct Shopify Integration to sell your products on eBay. Shannon believes that it’s time for another look at selling on eBay if you’ve been away for a few years.
Dave then jumps in to discuss the critical difference between Motivation and Discipline and how you need both (but maybe discipline more!) to keep yourself successful as you work hard on your systems approach to achieve what you want with your Small Business.
We wrap up the show with a discussion about working smarter with Bob Levitus’s tips from the Small Business episode 109 interview and just what the heck is the Pomodoro Technique? Listen in the find out all this and more!
Want to join in the discussion? Visit the Small Business Support Group on Facebook and find answers and help others in the SBS community.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #131 August 9, 2017
- 00:00:56 Being busy is better than the alternative
- 00:01:17 eBay Open Show
- eBay’s attitude towards the seller community again
- 00:06:16 Big change starts with lip service
- 00:09:17 Most people want to help you if they can
- 00:12:15 Connection with people – the real power of conferences
- 00:14:00 New stuff coming from eBay
- 00:18:10 Don’t forget to “Use the Box” to acquire customers!
- 00:19:54 Motivation vs. Discipline
- 00:23:18 Systems are important
- 00:26:38 Feeds and Trends are your friends
- 00:28:00 Find – and Redefine – your own currency
- 00:29:40 Barter with yourself
- 00:31:43 Next week: The differences between employees and entrepreneurs and self-employed people
135 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 30 mins duration .