Manage episode 199871721 series 1708763
If aliens did contact us would it be safe to open the email? Why would MoviePass track film lovers after they leave the cinema? Would you know how to get around Malaysia when your car rental website lets you down? And will Graham please stop talking about text adventure games?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by journalist (and possible spy) James Thomson.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Special Guest: James Thomson.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management. Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING.
- Eurozine discusses disinformation and democracy
- Malware from Space
- Interstellar communication. IX. Message contamination is impossible (PDF)
- MoviePass CEO proudly says the app tracks your location before and after movies
- CEO Mitch Lowe Says MoviePass Will Reach 5 Million Subs by End of Year
- GET LAMP: The text adventure documentary
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- GET LAMP: The Text Adventure Documentary - YouTube
- Infocom: The Documentary - YouTube
- Jacaranda Jim - retro text adventure game by Graham
- Humbug - retro text adventure game for MS-DOS by Graham
- Warrington Cycle Campaign
- Cycle Facility of the Month July 2017
- #WeThePeople LIVE podcast
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
69 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 37 mins duration .