Manage episode 240258876 series 1708763
Darknet Diaries host Jack Rhysider joins us to discuss how cities in Texas are being hit by a wave of ransomware, how Mercedes Benz has installed a tracker in your car (but not for the reason you think), the security threats impacting smart cities, and a new feature coming to your Facebook app.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/142 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Jack Rhysider.
- Immersive Labs: Immersive Labs provides the world's first fully interactive, on-demand, and gamified cyber skills platform. Try it for free at immersivelabs.com/lite/ and drive down your organisation’s cyber risk while reducing training costs.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps. But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users. Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Mercedes spies on drivers by secretly installing tracking devices in cars and passing information to bailiffs — The Sun.
- Three-unique-words 'map' used to rescue mother and child — BBC News.
- Rolling a Reliant Robin - Top Gear — YouTube.
- Ransomware Attack Affects Computers In 22 Towns In Texas — NPR.
- What Is A Smart City? — ComputerWorld.
- Access the latest smart city tenders — Bee Smart City.
- Hacking 20% of cars could freeze traffic in NYC, study finds — Smart Cities Dive.
- Lack of Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Investments in Smart Cities will Seed the Future IoT Vulnerabilities — ABI research.
- Facebook to stop stalking you off-site - but only if asked — BBC News.
- Now You Can See and Control the Data That Apps and Websites Share With Facebook — Facebook News Room.
- Off-Facebook Activity: Control your information — Facebook.
- Smashing Security #075: Quitting Facebook.
- Amazon.com: Logitech M705 Marathon Wireless Mouse — Amazon.
- 40 brilliant idioms that simply can’t be translated literally — TED Blog.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)