Manage episode 242971553 series 1708763
How is private medical data leaking onto the streets of Milton Keynes, what is widening the cybersecurity skills gap, and how is Australia controversially tackling the problem of drivers using their mobile phones?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Joe Carrigan of the Information Security Institute at Johns Hopkins University.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/147 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Joe Carrigan.
- Detectify: Detectify will run over 1500 security tests against your website, identifying real problems with a list of constantly updated vulnerabilities submitted by a global network of over 150 handpicked ethical hackers. Go hack yourself! Take a 14-day free trial at smashingsecurity.com/detectify
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps. But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users. Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- 50 reasons to love Milton Keynes (what, only 50?) — The Guardian.
- Logan's Run movie trailer — YouTube.
- Understanding Milton Keynes — YouTube.
- A Festival of Creative Urban Living.
- Tweet by @Costermk about "Utopia Station".
- Unshredded NHS records were dumped in a town centre to weigh down scaffolding at art festival — The Sun.
- Outrage as thousands of NHS patients' medical records are dumped in town centre — Daily Mail.
- The Cybersecurity Skills Gap Won't Be Solved in a Classroom — Forbes.
- Cybersecurity Skills Shortage Soars, Nearing 3 Million — (ISC)² Blog.
- What Cyber Skills Shortage? — Dark Reading.
- Australia Is Using New Technology to Catch Drivers on Phones — Time.com.
- Texting And Driving Statistics In America — Simply Insurance.
- Distracted Driving Worsens As Drivers Use Phones In Riskier Ways — Forbes.
- Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States — Wikipedia.
- RAC research: dangerous phone use at the wheel rockets among some age groups — RAC.
- Really Rude Map.
- Shitterton comes on top of list of Britain's worst place names including Pratts Bottom, Crapstone and Slag Lane... but those who live there insist it's still a lovely place to live — Daily Mail.
- Shower Orange an Enlightenment of the Soul — Reddit.
- Carole's shower adventures with an orange — @caroletheriault on Twitter.
- Graham's shower adventures with a banana — @gcluley on Twitter.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)