Manage episode 244110468 series 1708763
We take a trip to Staten Island, New York, to hear how a case of cyberstalking resulted in the arrest of 20 alleged mobsters, learn about the nude photo-loving insider threat at Yahoo, and discover how fraudsters might be boosting Match.com's profits.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Ran Levi of the "Malicious Life" podcast.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/149 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Ran Levi.
- Code42: Code42 provides data loss protection for when employees quit. 60% of employees who quit their jobs admit to taking data. Your organization's data is more portable than ever and you have employees leaving everyday. Most organizations rely on prevention but there are simply too many ways for data to leave. To learn more about how to protect your company’s data from insider threats visit www.code42.com/smashing
- Immersive Labs: Immersive Labs provides the world's first fully interactive, on-demand, and gamified cyber skills platform. Try it for free at immersivelabs.com/lite/ and drive down your organisation’s cyber risk while reducing training costs.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps. But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users. Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- The "You Think I'm Funny?" scene from "Goodfellas" — YouTube.
- 20 Defendants Charged with Crimes, Including Racketeering, Extortion, Loansharking — Department of Justice.
- Indictment against Joseph Amato and others (PDF) — Department of Justice.
- GPS cyberstalking of girlfriend brings surveillance and indictment for alleged American mobster — The Register.
- How to Find a GPS Tracker on Your Vehicle.
- Former Yahoo Software Engineer Pleads Guilty To Using Work Access To Hack Into Yahoo Users’ Personal Accounts — Department of Justice.
- Former Yahoo engineer pleads guilty to searching 6,000 user accounts for nudes — The Verge.
- Using Match.com? Read this — FTC Consumer Information.
- Why Match.com allegedly luring lonely customers with fake ‘winks’ is just another form of ‘phishing’ — MarketWatch.
- Fembots land Ashley Madison in hot water with the FTC — Graham Cluley.
- Mark Lewisohn Official Website.
- Hornsey Road with Mark Lewisohn.
- The Beatles' Abbey Road (Super Deluxe Edition) — Spotify.
- Jigsaw Explorer — Online Jigsaw Puzzles.
- Criminal — Netflix.
- Criminal Review: Netflix Crime Drama With Parts Better Than the Whole — Collider.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)