Manage episode 251209430 series 1708763
A hospital gets hacked because of an ex-employee's grudge, robocalls are on the rise, and we share a scary story about the future of facial recognition.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/162 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Michael Hucks.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps. But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users. Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- DomainTools: DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. Its solutions give organizations the ability to use and create a forensic map of criminal activity, assess threats and prevent future attacks. Learn more about their products at domaintools.com, or visit domaintools.com/smashing to enter their Capture The Flag competition and be in with a chance to win a $100 gift card.
- YOU Season 2 Trailer — YouTube.
- Hospital administrator sacked for using NHS computer to download over 10,000 records is spared jail — Daily Mail.
- Robocalls: Americans got 58.5 billion in 2019, up 22% from last year — USA Today.
- Microsoft and Google just can't agree on proposed ban on facial recognition — ZDNet.
- Clearview - Technology to help solve the hardest crimes.
- The Secretive Company That Might End Privacy as We Know It — New York Times.
- Clearview FAQ (PDF).
- Episode review: Columbo Double Shock — Graham got it wrong. It was Martin Landau, not Leonard Nimoy, who played the twins. And they weren't surgeons (but Nimoy did play an evil surgeon in a different Columbo episode that season)
- Eunoia: Words that Don't Translate.
- Dog wagging her tail every time she sees her owner — YouTube.
- She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement — Amazon.com.
- Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades — New York Times.
- ‘She Said’ Recounts How Two Times Reporters Broke the Harvey Weinstein Story — New York Times.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)