Manage episode 258352789 series 1708763
We take a look at the stinky backside of surveillance, gas about the latest video-conferencing threats, and jump into the murky world of 5G conspiracy theories.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology broadcaster David McClelland and featuring an interview with LastPass's Barry McMahon.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/173 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Barry McMahon and David McClelland.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps. But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users. Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Engineers unleash car-seat identifier that reads your rear end — Phys.org.
- Identifying personal microbiomes using metagenomic codes — PNAS.
- A mountable toilet system for personalized health monitoring via the analysis of excreta — Nature.
- 'Magic toilet' could monitor users' health, say researchers — The Guardian.
- Toilet hackers could snoop on your poop, steal data of a “personal nature” — Graham Cluley.
- Zoomed In: A Look into a Coinminer Bundled with Zoom Installer — Trend Micro.
- PSA: Fake Zoom installers being used to distribute malware — Bleeping Computer.
- Was a 5G Tower Torn Down in China To Stop COVID-19? — Snopes.
- Coronavirus 5G Conspiracy Theory: UK Cell Towers Burned Over Claims It Causes COVID-19 — International Business Times.
- Coronavirus 5G conspiracy theory spreads as cellphone towers attacked — USA Today.
- 5G is not accelerating the spread of the new coronavirus — Full Fact.
- Influencers among 'key distributors' of coronavirus misinformation — The Guardian.
- How the 5G coronavirus conspiracy theory tore through the internet — Wired.
- Call for social media platforms to act on 5G mast conspiracy theory — The Guardian.
- Totally Reliable Delivery Service - The Game About Terrible Delivery Drivers.
- Totally Reliable Delivery Service - Launch Trailer — YouTube.
- LET'S GO LIVE with Maddie & Greg — YouTube.
- Power Corrupts Podcast.
- The godfather of fake news — BBC News.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)