Manage episode 264163564 series 1708763
Graham finds himself in hot water with a security firm after a data breach, Carole discusses credit card fraud, and we have a pleasant surprise for Thom Langford, who appears to have mostly agreed to be a guest to promote his own podcast.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown's Thom Langford.
And don't miss our featured interview with Robbie O'Brien of MetaCompliance, all about the new book he's written - Cyber Security Awareness for Dummies.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/182 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Robert O'Brien and Thom Langford.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps. But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users. Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- MetaCompliance: Create a more security-conscious workforce with MetaCompliance's Cyber Security Awareness for Dummies book. Download it for free at smashingsecurity.com/cyberaware
- Security firm leaves more than five billion records exposed on unsecured database — Graham Cluley.
- "Following a legal threat from ███████ ████ I have removed their name from this article on my site..." — Graham Cluley on Twitter.
- Keepnet Labs confirms contractor exposed 'data breach database' of 5 billion records — Verdict.
- Public Statement in Relation to Data Briefly Exposed on an ElasticSearch Database — Keepnet Labs.
- After threatening me with legal action, Keepnet Labs finally issues statement over data breach — Graham Cluley.
- Goodbye Naked Security? — Graham Cluley.
- US Military Could Lose Space Force Trademark to Netflix Series — CBR.
- Space Force review: astonishingly bad show — The Verge.
- The number of credit card scams continues to soar during the pandemic — Verdict.
- Pandemic Brings Huge Increases In Card Fraud And Mobile Banking — Forbes.
- Credit Card Fraud During the Pandemic — Consumer Reports.
- Credit Card Fraud — Advice from the FBI.
- How to Reduce Credit Card Fraud — The New York Times.
- Ian's Shoelace Site – Introduction
- Magnet – Window manager for Mac.
- The Host Unknown Podcast.
- DEVS — BBC iPlayer.
- Cyber Security Awareness for Dummies — A free book for listeners from MetaCompliance.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)