Manage episode 265295004 series 1708763
A conspiracy spreads on social media about Coronavirus tracing apps, US police find decades' worth of sensitive data leaked online, and is there a Bitcoin bonanza to be had from watching Elon Musk YouTube videos?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by BBC technology reporter Zoe Kleinman.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/184 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Zoe Kleinman.
- MetaCompliance: Create a more security-conscious workforce with MetaCompliance's Cyber Security Awareness for Dummies book. Download it for free at smashingsecurity.com/cyberaware
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps. But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users. Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- How photographs are airbrushed — A 2010 BBC News article, starring Zoe Kleinman.
- Elon Musk Bitcoin vanity addresses used to scam users out of $2 million — ZDNet.
- Kate Winslet responds to Bitcoin scam faking her endorsement — Decrypt.
- Bitcoin scam uses Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to dupe would-be investors — Decrypt.
- Covid-19 tracing tool on smartphones is 'not app' — BBC News.
- ‘BlueLeaks’ Exposes Files from Hundreds of Police Departments — Krebs on Security.
- Koko Analytics — A privacy-friendly analytics plugin for WordPress.
- Fathom — Fast, simple and privacy-focused website analytics.
- Upload trailer — YouTube.
- Backspace and beyond — Audioboom.
- The Magnus Archives — Horror podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)