Manage episode 221069844 series 1750695
“Words are weapons in the world’s most lyrical sport.”
That’s how competitive battle rap is described by the makers of “Bodied,” a new satirical film produced by Eminem about a college student who decides to write a thesis paper on battle rap and through a twist of fate finds himself becoming a prodigy in the sport.
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we speak with“Bodied” director Joseph Kahn. Kahn is a filmmaker and Grammy-award winning music video director, who has directed videos for Taylor Swift, Imagine Dragons, Blink 182, Britney Spears, Maroon 5, and many other best-selling artists.
Kahn describes himself as a free speech absolutist. During the course of this conversation, we unpack what that means and take a look at the free speech interests in his new, controversial film.
- Joseph Kahn podcast transcript
- Bodied movie trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=oUry7CpMpCE
- Bodied is in theaters now and will be available on YouTube Premium on Nov. 28
- “Joseph Kahn doesn’t care if he’s ‘canceled’” — Vulture, Nov. 2, 2018
- “Power/Rangers (unauthorized NSFW bootleg)”
90 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 64 mins duration .