Manage episode 191494114 series 1750695
Is the modern college campus suffering from a decline in viewpoint diversity? Do American universities prepare students for life in a politically divided democracy, or might they be teaching habits of thought that will add to America's political divisions? Does political orthodoxy reduce the quality of research, scholarship, and education?
Heterodox Academy and the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education conducted a live panel discussion at New York University in New York City on Tuesday, October 10 to explore these and other pressing questions.
The panelists included:
• Mark Lilla, professor, Columbia University
• Nadine Strossen, professor, New York Law School; former president, ACLU
• April Kelly-Woessner, professor, Elizabethtown College
• Sam Abrams, professor, Sarah Lawrence College
• Nico Perrino (moderator), host, So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast; director of communications, FIRE
Video: youtu.be/tcDN4iQWfUc www.sotospeakpodcast.com Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/freespeechtalk Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/sotospeakpodcast Email us: email@example.com Call in a question: 215-315-0100
90 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 60 mins duration .