Sober Ventures | Addiction | Recovery | Entrepreneurship | Alcoholism | Sobriety | Business | Inspiration
2: Substance For You with Brian McCollom
Manage episode 191328467 series 1743305
Brian is the creator of Substance For You, one of if not the biggest sobriety advocacy brands out there today. With over 43,000 follower on Instagram, they stay true to their message of providing awareness for global health issues on Addiction, Mental Health, Eating Disorders, and Recovery. Brian's story has it all, and his journey into sobriety is truly inspirational and powerful.
- Addiction doesn't always start with substances. In Brian's case, sex addiction came first and that led into alcoholism and other substance abuse issues
- Sometimes getting sober is not the same as recovery. Brian was clean and sober for 18-months, going to 3 meetings a day while hospitalized, but still hated himself so much
- Facing his addiction and seeing his mother's heartbreak on Christmas of 2010 is what he credits for saving his life
- Even after getting sober the second time, struggles weren't over. Faced anorexia, mania, and chronic pain with Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Taking public speaking classes and getting into writing 12 hours/day led him to creating Your Inner Addict, and has several books on the subjects he faced
- Ask yourself "Who else can we help, how can we help them, and how does it help to maintain for ourselves?"
Some of Brian's Inspirations
10 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 46 mins duration .