Manage episode 224806277 series 2438259
Matt and Brandon discuss the“Non-Compete Software” movement, management changes at Chef and how Github just made everyone’s live a little easier. Plus, we offer tips for Dad’s traveling with kids.
Relevant to your interests
- The Non-Compete Software Movement
- The Cyclical Theory of Open Source
- community, you keep using that word – Drew Clay
- Optimizing impact: why I will not start an Envoy platform company
- The future of Kubernetes is Virtual Machines
- Dell returns to market with NYSE listing
- GitHub now gives free users unlimited private repositories
- This is the final straw, evil Microsoft. Making private GitHub repos free? You've gone too far
- GitLab Uses TriggerMesh to Offer Knative-Based Serverless Workflows
- Announcing TriggerMesh Knative Lambda Runtime (KLR)
- CloudCast Episode Serverless Management and Knative - Contemporary Views on Serverless and Implications
- The Results are in … The State of K8s 2018 – Heptio
- Here's What VMware Paid for Kubernetes Startup Heptio
- Chef co-founder and CTO Adam Jacob stepping down, will remain on board of directors
To learn more or try the company’s DevOps products for free, visit http://appoptics.com/sdt.
Subscribe to the Arrested DevOps podcast by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/.
Conferences, et. al.
- 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringTours are posted. Coté will be speaking at many of these, hopefully all the ones in EMEA. They’re free and all about programming and DevOps things. Free lunch and stickers!
- Jan 28th to 29th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour Charlotte.
- Feb 12th to 13th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour St. Louis.
- Mar 7th to 8th, 2019 - Incontro DevOps in Bologna, Coté speaking.
- Mar 18th to 19th, 2019 - SpringOne Tour London. Get £50 off ticket price of £150 with the code S1Tour2019_100.
- Mar 21st to 2nd, 2019 - SpringOne Tour Amsterdam. Get €50 off ticket price of €150 with the code S1Tour2019_100.
Get a Free SDT T-Shirt
- Write an iTunes review of SDT and get a free SDT T-Shirt.
- Write an iTunes Review on the SDT iTunes Page.
- Send an email to email@example.com and include the following: T-Shirt Size (Only Large or X-Large remain), Preferred Color (Gray, Black) and Postal address. First come, first serve. while supplies last! Can only ship T-Shirts within the United States
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a sticker.
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Arrested DevOps: Subscribe to the Arrested DevOps podcast by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/ or by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in your favorite podcast app.
- SolarWinds: This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds and this week SolarWinds wants you to know about their DevOps tool: AppOptics. Today, there is a divide between application and infrastructure health metrics—and the lack of unified dashboards, alerting, and management. With SolarWinds AppOptics you get a bird’s-eye view across all your resources on a single pane of glass—but can also drill quickly into the details. AppOptics includes built-in integrations for over 150 cloud-first applications, instant visibility into server and infrastructure performance, robust custom metrics dashboards, and automated APM request tracing. It’s SaaS-hosted, easy to manage, and budget friendly. Over 275,000 customers trust SolarWinds for the performance data they need, and AppOptics lets developers and operations get back to doing what they love: delighting users. Learn more or try it free for 14 days, just go to appoptics.com/sdt
114 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 64 mins duration .