Manage episode 232841046 series 2390187
Shawn took us through the early days of his career and quicky pivoted toward his first mentor "Ron". He told us how Ron managed to infect him with the willingness to write good code. We then brushed over learning and what it takes to become a lifelong learner. We touched on being a role model and how Chris Sells played a central role in his live. We finally discussed decision making strategies and the interviewing game.
Shawn Wildermuuuth has been tinkering with computers and software since he got a Vic-20 back in the early '80s. As a Microsoft MVP since 2002, he's also involved with Microsoft as an ASP.NET Insider and ClientDev Insider. He's authored eight books and innumerable articles on software development. You can also see him at one of the local and international conferences. He's spoken at including TechEd, Oredev, SDC, NDC, VSLive, DevIntersection, MIX, Devteach, DevConnections, and Dev Reach. He is one of the Wilder Minds.
Here are the links of the show:
- @ShawnWildermuth https://twitter.com/shawnwildermuth
- Blog https://wildermuth.com
- Hello World Podcast https://wildermuth.com/hwpod
- Shawn's Upcoming Movie http://helloworldfilm.com
- "Code Complete" Book by Steve McConnell https://amzn.to/2JZS1TZ (Affiliate Link)
- Antartic Conf https://antarcticonf.com
- Atlanta Code Camp 2019 https://www.atlantacodecamp.com/2019
- Music Aye by Yung Kartz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License.
Software Developer‘s Journey is hosted and produced by Timothée (Tim) Bourguignon, a crazy frenchman living in Germany who dedicated his life to helping others learn & grow. More about him at timbourguignon.fr.
Want to be next?
Do you know anyone who should be on the podcast? Do you want to be next? Drop me a line: email@example.com or via Twitter @timothep.
Gift the podcast a rating
Please do me and your fellow listeners a favor by spreading the good word about this podcast. And please leave a rating (excellent of course) on the major podcasting platforms, this is the best way to increase the visibility of the podcast: