Manage episode 165604887 series 1280457
Today on the show Dr. Robbin Rockett has a very special guest. We’re talking about a topic every single parent will have to deal with at some point. We’re talking today about erotic integrity!
Dr. Claudia Six has several appellations to her name: Ph.D. in Clinical Sexology, MA in Counseling Psychology, A.C.S for American College of Sexologists certification, and ABS certification #2532 from the American Board of Sexology. She is also a member of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality and the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors & Therapists. She was born and raised in France (no French accent at all) and came to the US at nineteen. Her practice includes divorce coaching, Marriage and couples sex therapy, Singles coaching, psychotherapy.
- What does erotic integrity mean?
- What is the rebound relationship?
- Don’t misrepresent what you’re looking for
- In her own words, she is: “…not bound by certain cultural constraints that Americans sometimes struggle with.”
- One should explore all of what you are as a sexual being
- Why humans are ambivalent = part of us wants change, and part of us wants to keep things the way they are.
- Dr. Six believes her role is empowering you to make choices that support what you really want your life to be.
- Learning from the relationship you’ve been in
- People should embrace informed choices
- Erotic Integrity, requires honesty, and the key component of honesty is communication.
- It is not shameful to confess desire
Erotic Integrity book: https://www.amazon.com/Erotic-Integrity-True-Yourself-Sexually/dp/1631520792
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 31 mins duration .