Manage episode 278612776 series 61324
Fitness is the fountain of youth! Joe Decker - former Guinness World’s Fittest Man and Death Race legend - talks with Spartan Up Endurance series host Johnny Waite about how to accomplish your fitness goals when you're 50 or older.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to approach training when you’re out of your prime
- How to pivot your training. If you are beat-up from a life of running, try paddling or climbing.
- Don’t be afraid to be a beginner again. Pivoting to a new form of training takes humility and a beginner’s mindset. Don’t let fear of trying something new derail your fitness goals.
- Do the work. Nothing changes here.
- The roles of rest, stretching and mobility in injury prevention for the 50+ endurance athlete
Background on Joe Decker: Joe Decker is recognized as “The Worlds Fittest Man,” an ultra-endurance power athlete, renowned fitness trainer, and syndicated columnist who has helped thousands of women, men, kids and seniors get into shape and lose weight.
This outdoor workout format that Joe created is the same that he used to break the Guinness World Records® 24-Hour Physical Fitness Challenge in 2000. It works like no other program out there, getting people into the best shape of their lives.
Joe believes in leading by example and is a personal testament to overcoming addictions and obstacles. Once overweight and out of shape, Joe transformed his body and his life through an amazing journey from fat to fittest.
Joe has appeared on The Today Show, Discovery Health, The Early Show, The O’Reilly Factor, and Fox News and has been featured in The Washington Post, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Baltimore Sun, Men’s Fitness, Muscle and Fitness, Men’s Health, and GQ. To his surprise, People Magazine named him one of America’s 50 Most Eligible Bachelors in 2001.
Learn more about Joe:
This episode of Spartan Up! is brought to you by Inside Tracker. Go to InsideTracker.Com and save 33% off with the code “SpartanUp.”
Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/SpartanUpShow
FOLLOW SPARTAN UP:
Spartan Up on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/spartanuppodcast/
Spartan Up on Twitter https://twitter.com/SpartanUpPod
Producer: Ryan Warner
Hosts: Johnny Waite
Sr Producer: Marion Abrams
© 2020 Spartan