Speaking Of Reliability: Friends Discussing Reliability Engineering Topics | Warranty | Plant Maintenance
Principle 3 Integrating Reliability with Development Process
Manage episode 221498414 series 2359263
Principle 3: Integrating Reliability with Development Process
Join Carl and Fred as they discuss the third reliability principle: “Reliability practices must be integrated into overall product development and design processes.”
- Product Development Process is company-wide effort.
- Roles and responsibilities of employees in achieving reliability needs definition in stage gates and work instructions.
- Reactive reliability is not effective reliability.
- Good reliability practices become part of culture of company = proactive.
- Design Guides can support good designs.
- Rotating management can impede long term reliability implementation
Enjoy an episode of Speaking of Reliability. Where you can join friends as they discuss reliability topics. Join us as we discuss topics ranging from design for reliability techniques, to field data analysis approaches.
Three important principles summarize the reliability philosophy of successful companies:
- Knowing how to calculate reliability is important, but knowing how to achieve reliability is more important.
- Reliability must be designed into products and processes.
- Reliability practices must be integrated into overall product development and design processes.
The post SOR 370 Principle 3 Integrating Reliability with Development Process appeared first on Accendo Reliability.
159 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 0 mins duration .