Manage episode 258782454 series 1389830
How do your values show up in your work, whether it’s interacting with clients or employees, presenting to an audience, appearing on a podcast, or creating marketing materials?
My guest today is Patti Perez, the founder of a consulting firm that’s dedicated to teaching leaders and teams how to create and sustain healthy, inclusive and profitable workplace cultures.
Patti has a fascinating background that has informed her career, the work she does, and the values that she embodies, including truth telling, curiosity, and radical fairness.
These values are also ones that she helps organizations develop so they create better workplaces.
In this episode, Patti and I talk about:
- Her work as a workplace sleuth
- Why the phrase “get to know me” became part of her message
- Growing up and learning to use her voice to be her own advocate
- The importance of allyship
- Where companies can improve with their communication
- A powerful way for Patti to open her talks
About My Guest: Patti Perez is founder and CEO of PersuasionPoint, a modern-day consulting firm dedicated to teaching leaders and teams how to create and sustain healthy, inclusive and profitable workplace cultures. Patti is passionate about and committed to helping organizations realize the vision of a workplace where employees are inspired to innovate, where leaders make courageous decisions and create a sense of deep trust, and where colleagues are aligned and profoundly connected. Patti is the best-selling, award-winning author of “The Drama-Free Workplace” (Wiley 2019) and uses the concepts from her book to lead interactive, action-oriented workshops, provide consulting services, and deliver keynote addresses. Her nearly 30-year career includes working as a California employment attorney, a workplace sleuth (conducting in excess of 1200 workplace investigations), a Governor-appointed state regulator, an expert witness, an HR professional, a tech company executive and an entrepreneur.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/168
Patti’s website: http://www.persuasionpoint.com/
Get our LinkedIn for Speakers online masterclass at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/linkedin.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Patti Perez (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/patti-perez/
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 54: Building a Culture of Trust with Your Team and Audience with Dr. Laura Gallaher
- Episode 134: Gender Pay Gap: Talking About Uncomfortable Topics with Your Audience with Michelle Gyimah [Money Series]
- Episode 141: Advocating for What You Want for Yourself and Others with Nicole Tisdale [Leadership Series]
- Episode 156: Visibility Strategies That Get You Noticed with Janice Gassam, Ph.D.