Manage episode 265870041 series 1389830
When my guest said this during our conversation, we both stopped to write it down because it was so good:
“You can’t attract the like-minded to you if you don’t speak your mind.”
Boom. Mic drop.
This is an incredible conversation, one you’re likely to listen to more than once.
Why do some brands resonate more than others?
How can you connect with your audience in a deeper way?
How do you find what your deeper truth is?
My guest is Rebeca Arbona, who is an expert in helping companies develop their brand voice and strategy.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The 3 layers of truths in your brand
- The key ingredient you need to add to why you do what you do (you’ll hear me stumble into this)
- How our values connect to our deeper truths
- Why sharing your deep truths makes you feel more fulfilled
- Why we don’t share our deep truths
- How saying what’s scary can actually be safer
- What does it mean to “be authentic”
- Examples of brands that get this
- Identifying your passion and the lens through which you see the world
This episode is the first in our new podcast series on “Finding Your Voice.”
Want more? Register for our free webinar “You Say You Want to be a Thought Leader: What That Really Means & How to Find Your Voice” at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/webinar/.
About My Guest: Rebeca Arbona lives to help brands communicate the truths at their core so they can leap from tall buildings and crush their villains. She’s always been a word geek and, as a kid, read the dictionary for fun, but she somehow ended up with a career in Brand Strategy. So when Rebeca realized that naming combines her love of words with her talent for brand strategy, it was like a radioactive spider bite that unleashed her superpower. She’s now a Strategic Namer and New Brand Creator, crafting breakthrough names and distinctive brands that help her client’s businesses fly.
Follow Rebeca’s #tellthetruths weekly video series on LinkedIn to catch her atomic blue hair and insightful, quirky takes on the strategy of naming, brand strategy, and why the truth matters to brands that want to be super.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/179
Rebeca’s website: https://www.brandtrue.com/
Register for our free webinar “You Say You Want to be a Thought Leader: What That Really Means & How to Find Your Voice” at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/webinar/.
Sign up for our free #ChoosingWomensVoices challenge at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/challenge.
Get our LinkedIn for Speakers online masterclass at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/linkedin.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Rebeca Arbona (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebecaarbona/
- Rebeca’s article on Nike = https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/opposite-love-isnt-hate-rebeca-arbona/
Related Podcast Episodes: