Manage episode 244612190 series 1505912
In this episode Devi chats with David about “How Money is Spiritual”. David Hayward is the founder of the Naked Pastor blog and has over 30 years professional pastoral experience.
David was baptized Anglican as a baby, came to faith in a Baptist church when he was a teenager, changed to Pentecostal in his late teens, married another Pentecostal named Lisa, was ordained Presbyterian, pastored a Vineyard church, went Independent, and planted others.
He has a Masters in Theological Studies from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, as well as a Diploma in Religious Studies and Ministry from McGill University in Montreal.
In 2010 David left the professional paid clergy after almost 30 years of ministry. He is passionate about how people can find and follow their own spiritual path with courage and joy, as well as in how people can freely gather and form community in healthy ways. He helps people deconstruct without the self-destruct. He helps people lose their faith without losing their minds. He helps people undress their religion to the core essence of their own unique spirituality. He calls this spiritual independence.
David started this blog called nakedpastor in 2006, and initiated his public undressing of religion, religious community and spirituality through his writings, art, and cartoons. Thousands of people are challenged and entertained by nakedpastor every day.
In 2012, he launched The Lasting Supper, an online resource site and community for spiritually independent people to help themselves to companionship and support for their spiritual journeys. It’s like nakedpastor’s small group.
His art, cartoons, writings, and books have found their way all around the world, and he coaches people who want spiritual freedom from everywhere.
Devi and David discuss:
- David’s inspiring life experience with money and spirituality
- How David started writing about money and spirituality
- Doing the work of healing yourself
- Realizing that you can be spiritual and have money
- The “poverty mentality point”
- Enriching yourself through money
- Being afraid to ask for money
- How to heal your mindset around money "being the root of evil"
- How to bring more consciousness into handling money
- How handling money is a blessing
- Denying your natural desires
- Living openly without fear and resentment
- What abundance truly means
- Appreciating the money that you have
- Having an abundant attitude towards money
- Realizing that everybody needs money in order to live
- Dealing with money
- Embracing the fact that we need money
- Living a comfortable life
- Being more helpful to people
- Cultivating a healthy relationship with money
- Growing your self-awareness about your work and money
Connect with Community & Guests: