Manage episode 245624364 series 1508503
Shane Foss is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Hooray Health. Hooray Health is dedicated to providing affordable, primary healthcare services and medical plans for families with medical needs through a wide range of retail clinics and urgent care centers across the country. He has over 21 years of experience in executive positions within the medical industry. Shane started his career in the medical industry as a Surgical Technician for the United States Air Force in 1991. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of the Incarnate Word and his MBA in Business Administration and Management from Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management at Rice University. Currently, he is a board member, Orthopedic Surgical Technician, and OR Coordinator at Faith In Practice.
Shane joins us today to explain what Hooray Health is, their mission, and the services they provide to clients. He shares his journey from enlisting in the military to furthering his career in the healthcare industry. He explains the broken US healthcare system, his personal frustrations with it, and how his company was founded based on the system’s shortcomings. Shane also discusses how Hooray Health can benefit employers, how their platform works, and his thoughts on robot-assisted surgery.
“The paradigm in healthcare is there’s no correlation between cost and quality.” - Shane Foss
Today on Spot On Insurance:
- What led Shane to pursue a career in health insurance.
- His experience as a surgeon's assistant and how it inspired him to start his business.
- The business strategy they employed to make their services as convenient as possible.
- Why he became frustrated with the US healthcare system.
- Paying for healthcare services in cash vs with insurance.
- Health insurance statistics and providing services to those without insurance.
- The challenges of the limited market and their solution.
- How healthcare benefits impact employee retention rates.
- How their enrollment system works and why it’s convenient for employers.
- His thoughts on the DaVinci surgical system.
- 1 in 5 Americans are sent to collections every year for an unpaid medical bill that's less than $600.00
- The problem is, most places still don't really have a cash price. There's not a consistent marketplace for cash right now.
Connect with Shane Foss:
- Hooray Health
- Phone: 8667-HOORAY
This episode was brought to you by…..
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s Premier Insurance Compliance and Licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.
Connect, Learn, Share
Thank you for joining us on this week’s episode of Spot On Insurance. For more resources and episodes, visit SpotOnInsurance.com. Subscribe so you never miss an episode. Love what you’re learning, Spot Light your review on Apple Podcasts Rate and Review For SpotOn and share your favorite episodes with friends and colleagues!