Democracy Now! is an independent daily TV & radio news program, hosted by award-winning journalists Amy Goodman and Juan González. We provide daily global news headlines, in-depth interviews and investigative reports without any advertisements or government funding. Our programming shines a spotlight on corporate and government abuses of power and lifts up the stories of ordinary people working to make change in extraordinary times. Democracy Now! is live weekdays at 8am ET and available 24/ ...
Manage episode 248056485 series 1357767
By Srsly Wrong. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
One hundred years ago, the biggest and longest general strike in Canadian history took place in Winnipeg. The Wrong Boys are joined by Maximillian Alvarez from Working People Pod to take a deep dive into the history of the strike and its violent, bloody finale.
Check out Working People Pod
support us on patreon!
- Srsly Wrong website, Twitter page, and Patreon
- Alberta Advantage, “General Strike! Winnipeg 1919-2019“
- The Magnificast, “The Winnipeg General Strike“
- Dennis Lewycky, Fernwood Books, “Magnificent Fight The 1919 Winnipeg General Strike“
- Reinhold Kramer & Tom Mitchell, University of Toronto Press, “When the State Trembled:How A.J. Andrews and the Citizens’ Committee Broke the Winnipeg General Strike“
- Graphic History Collective & David Lester, Between the Lines, “1919: A Graphic History of the Winnipeg General Strike“
- Darren Bernhardt, CBC News, “The Wild Woman of the Winnipeg Strike“
- Mary Horodyski, Manitoba Historical Society, “Women and the Winnipeg General Strike of 1919“
- Tom Jokinen, The Walrus, “What the Winnipeg General Strike Can Teach Us About Class, Capitalism, and Greed“
- Meagan Day, Jacobin, “The Winnipeg General Strike Is Immortal“
- Ian Angus, Marxists.org, “What Socialists Learned from the Winnipeg General Strike“
- Isaac Wurmann, Luma, “Navigating History, Memory, and Mythology: The Challenges of Depicting the 1919 Winnipeg General Strike“
Lobo Loco, “Malte Junior – Hall” — from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org
Srsly Wrong theme by dope creature – https://soundcloud.com/dopecreature
Fast Talkin by Kevin MacLeod — from Incompetech: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1100590