Archive this series
Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: Hebrews 12:3-11
Taking a cue for the 1984 movie, The Karate Kid, we are reminded of three major aspects of discipline that are seen in the Hebrews 12 Scripture.
- Discipline, like life, can be hard.
Discipline can be confusing. We are often not sure exactly what God is doing in the often painful details of our lives.
Discipline is a treasure when the master is kind and he knows what he is doing.
- Punishment is penalty paid for past offense. Discipline is pressure applied for the shaping of our character. How do you understand the difference between the two? Are you ever confused as to which God is giving you?
- How do you understand God’s discipline as being an expression of his love
- As the potter applies pressure to the clay to form a useful vessel, God applies pressure to our lives to shape our character. Are there any particular areas in your life where you feel the pressure/pain of God’s discipline?
- How could you envision God’s discipline as a cause for comfort and joy?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.
You can also listen to the sermon and take a look at the application questions via our mobile app.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Terrell Glenn (TGlenn@StAndrews.Church)
The post Living Loved: Disciplined appeared first on St Andrew's Church - 1 Church in Multiple Locations.
102 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 28 mins duration .