Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 02, 2018 20:08 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 185384496 series 1206657
Working on your brand to get the attention your business deserves
- I was like, “Yow? I can’t go into medicine!” But, I don’t have other plan. So what happened was one of my mentors was like “Why don’t you try the business side of healthcare. So, I started doing business internship and marketing healthcare.
- That’s where I have started, but then I transitioned to what I love. It transitioned into PR with a lot of small businesses attending my events and a lot of the people I have met. I have always heard “I like you bringing this to my business”..
- I also started changing the people that I was around. That honestly make a big difference cause in the past I have a lot of friends. The things that I am previously interested in they weren’t interested anymore and that can cause a divide.
- For a little while, I have been doing the traditional method that people tell you. Go network in advance, shake a hand, asking for referrals, tapping into my network, randomly pitching people and whatever that took that people tell you to traditionally do. That is where I was, in the cycle of got a client, don’t have a client and so on. Kind of having that rollercoaster that is unnecessary
- After I have done the first one. I was like “Oh okay” now I started offering it with a discount rate and then that worked. So I said “Oh okay! I am seeing success here. Now, let me go up after I have showcase the people that I provide the value of business. “
- Have an honest conversation with yourself. I know that a lot of us struggle with what we we want to do, where we want to target our focus. But, a lot of that comes from we haven’t just sat down in a quiet place and have a quiet private moment with ourselves and really thought through what do I like, what can I provide value in, who is this going to be targeted too and is it going to make me money so that I can be considered an entrepreneur.
- Ego is enemy - Ryan Holiday
Connect with Jamillah Rahmaad
Social Media: @Jamillah_R
345 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 29 mins duration .